A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues. – Cicero
I believe this quote by Cicero and I like to be thankful during both the ups and downs of life. But sometimes I forget (when my crappy self takes over) so over the years I’ve discovered writing a gratitude list is good. Sometimes I write it daily, sometimes it goes months between them.
In the spirit of trying to be the same person online as offline, I decided since it’s a part of my world, I will include it in my blogging world. Plus then I’d do it weekly, because my blog will hold me accountable.
Each Thursday I will do a Thankful Thursday post of things I was aware of throughout the week that I’m thankful for. And I’d love to have you add your voice in the comments by listing something you’re thankful for.
This week I am thankful for:
- Biking through fall leaves – Though I dread the upcoming winter, fall in southeast PA is gorgeous.
- Blogs – Yes, I can waste too much time reading blogs, but they sure have expanded my world.
- Dream Year – The coaching program I’m involved with this year that is helping me move forward in my speaking/writing goals. Info here. You (yes, you) could apply for 2011.
- Healed foot – My foot I injured in August has healed and I was able to do a 5K on Sunday.
- Catalog Living – For the laughs.
- Another Birthday – Yes, I’m odd, but I value my birthdays, since my 38th one was almost my last one here on this third rock from the sun.
Your turn – what are you thankful for?